I’m so excited to announce that I’ll be teaching two online metalsmithing classes this June on Creative Live! Read on for my info about my class, Explorations in Metalsmithing: Creative Chainmaking:
Go beyond the basics of handmade chainmaking and discover your own creative voice.
There’s no need to buy boring, store-bought chain. In this class, you’ll learn the basics of creating your own handmade chain (including how to get comfortable soldering with a torch) and how to take the basics of chainmaking and add endless variation to create designs that are uniquely yours.
I’ve built my eponymous jewelry line by discovering my signature style in chainmaking, and now I want to help you do the same!
In this class, you will learn how to:
* Make and solder jump rings into a basic link-in link-chain.
* Create variation in your chainmaking through wire gauge, link size, shape, and more.
* Hone in on your aesthetic to find a style that’s uniquely you.
* Finish your chains so they’re sturdy and stunning.
* Turn your chainmaking explorations into amazing earrings, bracelets, and necklaces.
Whether you’re just getting started in metalsmithing or you’re looking to inject some creativity into your jewelry designs, you’ll leave this class with the skills and ideas necessary to create your own unique chain. Plus, you’ll explore your ideas by creating a series of chain-link statement earrings – perfect to wear, share, or sell!
Explorations in Metalsmithing: Creative Chainmaking will air live (and FREE!) on creativelive.com on Thursday, June 15th.
Be sure to join the mailing list so you don’t miss it!